torsdag 29 juli 2010

Graff to the bone

I woke up one morning a few days ago, Did my morning routines and got the fantastic idea that I get few times a year. YEAH. I will go out and do a crazy motha fucking 15 color burner. I scrap together my last full cans, all my 1/3´d cans, my saved, almost empty, if i need a nice color to my piece, cans. I put them into my new spray can bag (with space for 18 spray cans --rolls soyce of spray can bags -- ). I felt just like that guy i was dreaming about to become when I was a small kid. --I was smiling like a baby walking towards the coffeemaker--. Back then I was saving cash to be able to make one piece a month. Ok I used to rack back then, but like one can of gray roststopp and maybe one red roststopp, since i was really small, it was hard, i tell you, if i put two cans around my waist, i would look 10 years older! Only thing i wanted back then, was more spray cans. Only thing i want today, is less spraycans. While drinking my standard three cups of coffee I made a sketch. I was like, "ok, its not Bates, its not can2 and ok its not smash, but hey its okay". I took my bag, my water, my brain and i left the building. On the way i was constructing the idea in my head, the idea was perfect, you know, the perfect idea, man i was so lucky. I don't think the coffee had hit at all, still confused. I got inside. I knew this nice wall i wanted to paint. I sketched it, i filled it and i kind of fucked it up when i put in the 3d. My plan was that the 3d was going to come out of a small hole or tunnel, I really dont know what happened to my perfect idea, but the whole shit ended up with something else. ITS NOT A FUCKING "WILDSTYLE" PAINTING. WTF??!!. Man can it be this hard, and while i was on my way home i was thinking about Plato or Aristotle talking about the "perfect idea", i was fucking pissed off. Ok, Every year i do this mistake. And every time i feel the same. For so long i have wanted to make a fucking "wildstyle" piece, since i was a kid, and i never ever succeeded. And, every time i hear the ecooo of Abyzz, the king of style, "just keep on painting -sketching - painting - sketching". Well, im tired of- painting - sketching - painting and sketching. A lot of people, including me, do "scandinavian style" pieces, i know why, its only because WE fucking suck. There is no fucking skill in those pieces. Man, i am with bates here, its like three thousand babies running around in this city painting crap. Including me. Its a catastrophe. The most used argument against "classic graffiti" is, "its boring to look at", MAN, its not fucking boring to look at, its fucking perfect. ITS GRAFFITI!!!!! So my first thought was, as usual, "i quit". After a shower i was like "Its impossible" - IM FUCKING ADDICTED OF GRAFFITI! Crazy! A D D I C T E D. I feel better now thought. I will never become like one of my teenage heroes, its clear, im not skilled enough. And im not going to waste my time to try either. So i am changing track here fellow brothers! I will keep you all updated! Remember its all about getting up! tags tags tags .. But who knows. JAH RASTAFARI!


The "wildstyle" piece. At last a picture of Roflman himself. Very brave jungle warrior.

Clown - shortbus graffiti.

I dont own a television, But i visited my parents one day and they were watching "Grizzlyman" - And i think that Timothy Treadwell is one of my new idols and a hero for sure. This guy made what he wanted to do, while i sit here in my small concrete box. Very brave man just like i imagine Mr.Roflman to be. If you haven't seen it - watch it, it gave me a lot of inspiration and new thoughts about a lot of things. R.I.P Timothy, and thanks. Timothy wanted to be a bear, so i painted him as one. See you on the other side. And R.I.P Gabriel the young graffitiwriting explorer!

9 kommentarer:

  1. Dina senaste grejer är ju ÖVERFETA!!
    Keep it up kompez! måla rita måla rita...
    Du kan köra tags också.
    Ok cool?
    /DunderDava.

    SvaraRadera
  2. "I took my bag, my water, my brain and i left the building" - hur bra som hellst!
    //K.

    SvaraRadera
  3. ....bah.Bates aint got shit on mr.rofl.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Commandante visar återigen vart skåpet står!

    /Mr. Mack.

    SvaraRadera
  5. follow the leader....
    nice! i&i

    SvaraRadera
  6. RIKTIGT FETA GREKER!

    SvaraRadera
  7. YOU RULE!! Don't try to be Bates. Be your self.

    SvaraRadera
  8. vamos commandante!!!
    vi måste snart träffas de va ett tag sen nu!
    chi1.tumblr.com

    SvaraRadera